Cannot update "Authorised networks" on Cloud SQL MySQL instance

Daniel Brown

Feb 12, 2018, 9:02:40 AM2/12/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi, I'm attempting to update the 'Authorised Networks' on a MySQL instance.
Upon hover of the 'Add network' button I see the text 'You don't have permission to edit authorised networks on this instance.'.
When attempting to save changes I get the error message 'Could not complete the operation'.

I have checked that I have the owner role for the project. This is an operation I was able to perform last week.
Am I missing something or does this appear to be a bug?

Many Thanks,
Dan

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

Feb 12, 2018, 2:26:08 PM2/12/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Daniel,

I tried to reproduce your issue but unable to do so as I can successfully update network under SQL Authorized networks. Going forward, can you please share the screenshot of the error message observed?

Moreover, you may want to try gcloud command [1] to update authorized network for your SQL instance.

[1]: https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/sql/instances/patch

Daniel Brown

Feb 13, 2018, 5:21:07 AM2/13/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks for your response Dinesh,
Updating via gcloud command on cloud console worked fine. In addition, After updating via command I can now update via the UI.

The permission warning still remains although is not enforced:

Thanks for your help,

Dan Brown

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

Feb 13, 2018, 9:20:37 AM2/13/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Thanks for your feedback. The permission warning on console looks like a cosmetic bug and you may want to raise it via Google public Issue Tracker (PIT) platform [1]. PIT meant for reporting and tracking customer issue, bugs and feature requests.

[1]: https://issuetracker.google.com