About delete binary logs file on Cloud Sql

Thien Pham

Nov 18, 2020, 12:44:10 PM11/18/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I have a question about binary log on Google Cloud Sql. Now that storage on Cloud SQL is constantly increasing, I want to delete the binary logs files. I have read the documentation about it, but it is not clear that when I disable the binary logs function, will the files be deleted immediately or have to wait for the next 7 days for the files to be deleted.

Thank you.

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 18, 2020, 2:37:06 PM11/18/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

Binary logs cannot be manually deleted according to this document. After you disable PITR, you will need to wait about seven days.

I hope this helps.