google cloud sql SUPER user privileges

Murali Panidepu

Mar 20, 2018, 4:04:52 PM3/20/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,
as per the following statement in this document:

Cloud SQL does not support SUPER privileges, which means that GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES statements will not work. As an alternative, you can use GRANT ALL ON `%`.*.

As per my application prerequisites: I have to set the DATABASE property of "Transaction Isolation Level" to "Read Committed"

without super user permission i cannot change this value. I tried several ways and nothing seems to be working.

Murali Panidepu

Mar 20, 2018, 4:19:15 PM3/20/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Taher (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 20, 2018, 6:06:10 PM3/20/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Murali,

Thank you for your post. Indeed, currently Cloud SQL does not support SUPER privileges by design right now. However, there is already an open feature request for it. I would suggest you to comment on the feature request and star it to get more attention to it.