CloudSQL instance stuck on restart operation

Allan Davies

Jan 9, 2017, 9:22:41 AM1/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi

A few hours ago our 2nd gen instance stopped responding and reporting metrics back the Cloud console. I proceeded to hit the restart button, now over an hour later the instance has still not restarted, a message says the instance is restarting but it seems to be frozen.

Is this a common occurrence? Also how do I get a prompt response from support when cloud services fail like this?

api-project-611766518235:europe-west1:stats-db

Alex (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 9, 2017, 3:50:51 PM1/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi,

For this type of issue, submitting a Bug on the Google Cloud SQL public issue tracker [1] as you did, is the most appropriate method for seeking help from the Google Cloud support team. Now concerning your issue, it is not common and as you have already submitted a bug [2] on the referenced PIT, you can follow its resolution there.

Concerning a faster response time from the Google Cloud Platform technical support, you may want to consider the different available options of Premium Support [3] depending on your needs. Note that as part of the features available for each support packages, different targets are set for the initial response time for critical issues.

For anyone reading this post, please refer to the opened PIT thread [2] if experiencing a similar issue.

Regards,

[1] https://code.google.com/p/googlecloudsql/

[2] https://code.google.com/p/googlecloudsql/issues/detail?id=206

[3] https://cloud.google.com/support/