Error Dropping Database (Can't rmdir '.database\', errno: 39)

erwin boc

Jan 20, 2017, 12:28:19 PM1/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I was restoring the database in an instance of cloud sql but for internet connection this fault and now I throw error in a table and when I want to delete the database I generate the following error

Error Dropping Database (Can't rmdir '.database\', errno: 39)

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 20, 2017, 5:31:20 PM1/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
If recreating the database is not an option, please open an issue at https://code.google.com/p/googlecloudsql/issues/list and request it to be manually removed, or send me a private message with the project id, instance name and database name.

This error occurs when there are extra files left over in the directory '.database\' (errno: 39 is 'directory not empty') but since Cloud SQL is managed you would not have access to remove these yourself.

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 20, 2017, 5:35:00 PM1/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I just saw your issue on the googleappengine tracker, so I'll follow up there.