Google Cloud SQL 2nd Gen - Error Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Riccardo Filippone

Oct 20, 2017, 10:46:20 AM10/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Dear All,

we are testing the Google Cloud features and services in order to migrate our infrastructure on Google.

We are testing the SQL service, but during the import we have some problems with this error:
- Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

Searching for a possible solution we tried to set the flag:
log_bin_trust_function_creators => On

We tried to disable the binary logging and remove replicas, but nothing, we have the same problem:
ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 71: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

The lines are similar to:
/*!50003 CREATE*/ /*!50017 DEFINER=`root`@`localhost`*/ /*!50003 TRIGGER `deleteVideoInSpace` BEFORE DELETE ON `tbl_ugvideos` FOR EACH ROW UPDATE tbl_spaces

or:
/*!50001 CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED */

any ideas?

thank you in advance

Riccardo Filippone

Oct 20, 2017, 12:22:47 PM10/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Dear All,

probably the trick is to remove from dump the DEFINER statement for each table. During the next week we will test the platform with this trick.

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 20, 2017, 5:49:38 PM10/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
It is recommended to follow the Exporting Data for Import into Cloud SQL guide for instructions on how to properly export a dump file that is compatible with Cloud SQL.