Certificate issue with cloud sql instance

Oliver Pike

Dec 27, 2019, 9:44:55 AM12/27/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I have a couple of cloud sql instances where I receive the following error message when I attempt to connect to them using the cloud sql proxy and a service account:
'2019/12/20 13:08:57 couldn't connect to "bitcoin-core-test:us-central1:prod5": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid'

I have another sql instance under the same project that I can access without issue. It's my understanding that the behavior should be consistent across all instances in a project. If this understanding is correct, then this seems like there is a potential bug. I also tried resetting the ssl configuration for those instances that are failing, but that had no effect.

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 27, 2019, 6:35:39 PM12/27/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Oliver,

Please note that Google Groups are reserved for general Google Cloud Platform and product discussions and not for reporting issues, which is why I suggest moving the troubleshooting to Issue Tracker, where issues can be turned private in case we need to gather any project specific details.

Oliver Pike

Dec 29, 2019, 1:58:28 PM12/29/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I went ahead and posted my issue to the Issue Tracker board: