Private Access to Cloud SQL Postgres from GCE (New Region, Same VPC)

Derek Maxwell

Nov 13, 2019, 11:55:20 AM11/13/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

We have a production Cloud SQL Postgres instance running in us-west2. We also have a number of compute engine instances running in the same region which are using private access to that Cloud SQL instance.

We recently added a new region, us-central1, within the same VPC. When trying to access the Postgres instance from the new region, we cannot connect. I am unable to find any VPC firewall rules or routes that would prevent this, but have reached a roadblock. Does anyone have any guidance on where to look for this?

Thanks!

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 13, 2019, 4:26:48 PM11/13/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Derek,

Please note that Google Groups are reserved for general Google Cloud Platform and product discussions and not for reporting issues, which is why I suggest moving the troubleshooting to Issue Tracker, where issues can be turned private in case we need to gather any project specific details.