Autoscaling PostgreSQL database

Diana Belova

Jun 7, 2019, 2:59:06 PM6/7/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

We need to manage high load for our application. Currently we have PostgreSQL database. Researched available options and so far it seems that autoscaling is available only for Cloud Spanner database.
In case we missed something, does anyone know whether there are any options to use autoscaling with PostgreSQL? Or, if not, are there any plans for adding autoscaling support for it?

Yasser Karout

Jun 10, 2019, 10:36:52 AM6/10/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

Autoscaling for storage is set up by default [1] but there is no autoscaling feature for cores and memory. You can set up Stackdriver Alerts to get notified when an instance is reaching peak usage [2] and then make changes manually.

You can also create a feature request for autoscaling and present your use case here [3] to have Engineering potentially look into implementing it.