CloudSQL machinetype upgrade - Could not complete this operation

jim watts

Jun 30, 2017, 9:05:51 AM6/30/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Attempting to upgrade machinetype, in anticipation of high load event.

Receiving the error:

"Could not complete this operation"

Other project CloudSQL working correctly. Only different is that problem instance had a read replica created (which was subsequently deleted with upgrade attempted again).

Advice appreciated.

Jim

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Jul 4, 2017, 9:03:03 AM7/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi Jim,

1- Can you detail the steps you took so I will be able to reproduce it?

2- It is not clear to me whether or not the read replica exists at the moment. If it does not exists try to create the read replica using gcloud and like so:

gcloud sql instances create [REPLICA_NAME] --master-instance-name [MASTER_INSTANCE_NAME] --tier [TIER] --verbosity=debug

If the replica exists try to change the machine type via the CLI

https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/sql/instances/patch

3- Provide the sanitized output for #2 and your “project-id” (send both privately)