Cloud SQL MySQL 2nd Gen Regional Disks?

Blake Acheson

Sep 26, 2019, 8:50:49 AM9/26/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I received several emails over the last month or so informing me this feature was being rolled out September 25th. This day has come and gone and nothing has changed. I'm really interested in used this feature to eliminate brutal replication lag.

Yasser Karout

Sep 27, 2019, 11:16:16 AM9/27/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

Communications will be sent out to customers soon regarding the roll out. Thanks for your patience.

Blake Acheson

Oct 9, 2019, 12:37:27 PM10/9/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Looks like the rollout has been cancelled....how does something being planned for this long just get scrapped at the last minute?

Yasser Karout

Oct 10, 2019, 1:09:50 PM10/10/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
The rollout will still happen however it has been delayed. Emails will be sent by the team containing more details. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Blake Acheson

Oct 16, 2019, 10:37:28 AM10/16/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I hope so...the MySQL setup on cloud SQL is falling way behind competitors...5.7.14 was released over 3 years ago....get it together cloudsql team, you are getting left behind in the dust!

Yasser Karout

Oct 16, 2019, 12:08:45 PM10/16/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Implementation of newer MySQL versions are being worked on. You can stay up to date using these issue tracker links [1][2].