Self Restart Cloud SQL??

Eugene

Feb 28, 2018, 9:04:32 AM2/28/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I noticed that the instance of cloud sql was restarted and was unavailable for 2 minutes. During this time, the application could not access the database. In the operations it is indicated that an update was made. Such behavior as when editing an instance. The authorized employees did not make any changes.  Could it be database maintenance and how can I track this "update" ?

P.S.
CPU usage, Memory Usage, Disk usage - normal
Cloud SQL MySQL 5.7 - 2th generation

Thanks!

Ani Hatzis

Feb 28, 2018, 1:13:22 PM2/28/18
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Eugene,

your instance probably went into maintenance . You can configure the Maintenance window to avoid disruptive updates, and also Maintenance timing (whether you want updates early or late). Do you have turned on the HA option for that instance?

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

Feb 28, 2018, 1:27:09 PM2/28/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Eugene,

Please provide the following details in a private message to investigate it further:-

  1. Please confirm exact date and time when SQL instance was restarted and becomes unavailable.

  2. At what time cloud SQL instance becomes available again?

  3. Please provide me your project number and Cloud SQL instance name.