Google Cloud MySQL and Master-master replication

Oussama Hammami

Nov 9, 2017, 9:29:45 AM11/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi,

I have two servers in different regions (eu, us) connected to the same mysql database, I've started with google cloud sql second generation but it's only available on us region.

The idea is to add a second sql nodes in the new region eu but I can't find any documentation about Master-Master replication so it is not supported at this time. Is this correct?

ps. both of my servers need read/write access.

With my operational google sql in us, can I just:

  1. I create a new google sql cloud in eu.

  2. Configure eu as an External Replicas for us.

  3. Configure eu as External Masters for us.

I'm really confused! Any help will be appreciated.

/Ouss

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 9, 2017, 4:12:56 PM11/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thank you for your post,

You are right, at the moment Master to Master replication is not possible. The only configurable scenarios are the ones described in this article. There is an existing feature request to allow Master to Master replications.