Not able to export database

Mayank Rupareliya

Mar 31, 2020, 8:56:14 AM3/31/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
In gcloud SQL, I am getting error on exporting one particular postgres database using sql type export.
Error I see in notification is "Unknown error."
If I retry from notification it shows "The server has encountered a problem. Please try again."
How to fix this?

noverlyjoseph

Mar 31, 2020, 1:18:42 PM3/31/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Mayank,

Could you provide the full command you've used for that while keeping PII redacted? It will help to understand what might have gone wrong here.

Could also review this document[1] for guidance on exporting.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/import-export/exporting#gcloud

Mayank Rupareliya

Mar 31, 2020, 3:57:27 PM3/31/20
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
I didn't use any commands as I am using export option from gcloud sql web where I can select cloud storage location export type(SQL) and database.

-Mayank

David (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 2, 2020, 2:02:42 PM4/2/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I see you posted this in stack overflow. As it seems the connection to GCS is being lost, It’s possible that a query could be taking long to return results and the connection is ended. However, I see that you were able to get it working by using pg_dump.