Cloud SQL export failed

Johan FILLON

Jan 19, 2021, 8:40:52 AM1/19/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello,

I am trying to export a backup of an SQL database in a bucket. An error occured and the export has failed.

My process is simple :
> gcloud sql databases > export > .bak format > select database  > select bucket > leave the default name > Click Export

Logs:
-An unknown error occurred
-BACKUP DATABASE WITH COMPRESSION is not supported on Web Edition (64-bit).
-errors 1844 & 3041

I did the same procedure 5 days ago and i worked well.

Does anything changed in Cloud SQL ? or anyone facing the same problem ?

Thanks

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 19, 2021, 10:25:25 AM1/19/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

I understand that you have an error, when you are exporting a backup of an SQL database to a Google Storage Bucket.

The error code that you mention indicates that backup terminated abnormally.
The main concern is the message “BACKUP DATABASE WITH COMPRESSION is not supported on Web.”

I am unable to find a common issue now that would explain the error message. So I am thinking this message is related to your project.

In this case, I have found a possible explanation indicating that if you rename your BAK file, the error would no longer be present.

I would like for you to try this advice to see if it helps and reply back if it helped.

Johan FILLON

Jan 20, 2021, 9:49:41 AM1/20/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

thank you for taking the time to analyze my problem.
I tried to change the name of the backup to "prod.bak" and the same error occurs.

Knowing that I was doing the same procedure a few days earlier and that it was working correctly, I wonder what this has to do with.

Do you know if it's possible to disable compression on the web interface? I haven't seen this kind of options.

Thank you
Message has been deleted

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 20, 2021, 12:53:48 PM1/20/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

To better understand your issue, I did a reproduction on my system. I created a Cloud SQL Server instance and created a database from a BAK file I found on the Microsoft website by first downloading it to my system, then uploading it to a Cloud Storage Bucket. The database was then created.

Using your instructions: > gcloud sql databases > export > .bak format > select database  > select bucket > leave the default name > Click Export,  I exported the database without error.

This makes me believe that since I cannot find any common issues at this time, there is something in your project or configuration that is causing this error.

In this case, I would suggest the regular support channel for one to one support since Google Groups is meant for general discussions.

I was able to find a document here that describes how a gz file can be used for compressed imports.

“When you export a BAK file, use a .gz file extension to compress the data. When you import a file with an extension of .gz, it is decompressed automatically.”

I hope this helps.

Кирилл Дубровин

Jan 20, 2021, 1:31:26 PM1/20/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue with my account. And just like the author, everything was working several days ago.

Кирилл Дубровин

Jan 20, 2021, 4:50:29 PM1/20/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss