Is cloud SQL MySQL really HA?

R R

Dec 7, 2017, 8:57:15 AM12/7/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Google Cloud SQL Team,

I was testing this to move my production website. But I have a concern.

I have a master and a failover replica. I loaded some data and initiated a failover.

At this moment you don't offer a way to promote slave as a master which is a shame. But that aside, as expected master moved into slaves house (aka zone) and slave got out of it's house (i.e it's own zone) and it moved to another healthy zone. During this operating I obciously have write failure (because there is only one master) but the READ had a failure too because the slave was moving to another zone.

I am not happy about this.  Do you have plans to improve this any near future? ( I am aware I can create multiple read replicas but my Finance team won't be happy to hear it and it might stop me from moving stuff to your compute).

Taher (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 7, 2017, 4:37:16 PM12/7/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Please refer to your other post for the reply.