Cloud SQL creation failed during migration

Simon Smethurst-McIntyre

Apr 8, 2020, 1:33:56 PM4/8/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi

During the literally just happened Google Cloud instance our Cloud SQL instance tried to fail over to its replica and it all seems to have gone very wrong. There's now a red exclamation mark next to the instance name in the cloud console and when you go to details it says failed to create. The mysql log shows the instance shutting down.

All my options to start the instance or do anything except delete it are greyed out.

Does anyone know how I can get this instance back up

Simon Smethurst-McIntyre

Apr 8, 2020, 1:35:03 PM4/8/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Just in case anyone else had this issue, it seems you either raise a ticket with support or stick it out and hope they find your instance was impacted.

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 9, 2020, 9:29:28 AM4/9/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Simon,

We experienced an issue with Google Cloud infrastructure components which impacted multiple services including Cloud SQL HA instances, yesterday. It seems you were affected by that incident. The issue is resolved now but if you are still experiencing any issue with your Cloud SQL instance, I recommend to raise a ticket with support via your support package (if you have the support package) or create a ticket in the GCP Issue Tracker so that we will investigate it there efficiently.