How to access MySQL databases with Multi Users

Iwan Setiawan

Sep 19, 2019, 11:28:12 PM9/19/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I access the MySQL database in the cloud instance from the desktop application.

In the desktop application I have created several users, and entered the user table in the MySQL database. Call it the 'root' user and the 'medco' user

In the cloud instance on the users tab, I also created both users with the same password as the user in the users table.

The problem is, I can only log in using the root user from my desktop application, while the medco user is always rejected.

Please help for the solution

thanks

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 20, 2019, 3:48:54 PM9/20/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Iwan,

You may create multiple users in Cloud SQL, but the default user is employed to establish connection, if you connect using your MySQL client. You may find related detail on the "Connecting MySQL client using public IP" page. Why do you try to log in with a different user? A detailed description, preferably in step-by-step format, would be appreciated.