Postgres extension request: postgres_fdw

Matthew Valimaki

Apr 18, 2017, 5:37:30 PM4/18/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
As expected I got "ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/share/extension/postgres_fdw.control": No such file or directory". Please add support for the postgres_fdw extension. It is currently the only thing preventing me from using GCP Postgres instance. For documentation of said extension, see: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/postgres-fdw.html.

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 19, 2017, 12:00:41 PM4/19/17
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thank you for reporting this, and it is recommended that users would make feature request through more appropriate channel per instructions at [1], which will have better tracking and updating flow.

- Jun

Matthew Valimaki

Apr 21, 2017, 2:42:23 PM4/21/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Jun,

Thanks for the reply. See that https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/extensions says "To request support for an extension, start a thread on the Cloud SQL Discussion group.", so if you could get someone update that that would be appreciated.

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 24, 2017, 11:44:27 AM4/24/17
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info, and I've made a request to the appropriate team to update the doc you mentioned :)

Hendrik Kleinwächter

Dec 4, 2017, 9:04:12 AM12/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I would also really be interested in this feature. I assumed it was working, now when going live I get the extension not available :D. damn.

Leonel Franchelli

Aug 7, 2018, 9:08:46 AM8/7/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 7, 2018, 9:54:50 AM8/7/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Confirming hereby that work is actually being done, and your proposed implementation of the postgres_fdw extension is currently being considered. There is no time to completion decided upon at the moment. Software development takes time, and this is difficult to estimate in the beginning stages of development.

André Vincent Boivin

Jan 4, 2019, 9:37:07 AM1/4/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks a lot for giving feedback that this is in the works.

My organization also would like to see this feature come live.
Our continued usage of cloudsql will highly depend on extensions support so thanks for being clear about what's being worked on.

amit...@google.com

Jan 7, 2019, 2:34:21 PM1/7/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi André,

You can follow this feature request to get the latest updates. If you are interested about the same feature, you can just press the ‘Me, too!’ button on upper side to let Cloud SQL engineering team know about it. I hope it helps.

Jinglun Zhang

Jun 27, 2019, 10:57:34 PM6/27/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Any updates for this feature? It's been quite a long time. Distributed database is a common feature since 90s, Google needs to work hard to keep catch the status.

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 2, 2019, 7:35:29 PM7/2/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Jinglun,

To receive updates on this feature request, you may follow this link here[1] and place a +1 in a comment. Please note that feature requests are not guaranteed to be implemented nor is there an ETA.

[1] https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37570439