Recover from a removed SQL instance

Seyeong Jeong

Sep 30, 2019, 12:54:18 PM9/30/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I just deleted a Cloud SQL instance. Before deletion, I made a backup using the console to a bucket. But upon
inspection. I noticed that the dump has no data.

Is there a way to recover the data from Google's backup?

Thanks

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 2, 2019, 12:20:44 PM10/2/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
You may benefit from automated backups, if this feature has been enabled for your instance; worthwhile checking, as your data might have been backed up this way. You cannot restore a deleted instance other than by re-creation, neither from an empty dump. You may gather more information on automated backups from the "Overview of backups" documentation page