Intermittent connection issues for past 24 hours

Raymond Hawkins

Jul 21, 2017, 1:05:53 PM7/21/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
We appear to be having intermittent issues connecting to our Cloud SQL instance from compute engine. We've been getting dropped connections and connection failures.

Our methods of connecting and our setup has not changed for quite some time and everything is still functioning, but with an unacceptable error rate which seems to indicate a network issue withing GCP.

Any help I can get with this would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to post here first in case it's a known issue rather than almost doubling my GCP bill for the month to submit an official support request.

Thank you!

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Jul 21, 2017, 6:22:45 PM7/21/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
In order to investigate this issue, can you send me privately your project-id and the name of your Cloud SQL instance?

Raymond Hawkins

Jul 24, 2017, 5:01:13 PM7/24/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thank you for the response!

The issue appears to have resolved itself around 4pm EST yesterday.  Would you like me to still send the project ID and instance name?

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Jul 25, 2017, 5:04:31 PM7/25/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I am glad to hear Cloud SQL dropped connections are no longer an issue for you. You don't need to send additional information. I will keep this thread open for a few more days in case your issue reappears.