What Database flags cause restart?

R R

Dec 8, 2017, 4:45:37 PM12/8/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Cloud SQL Team,

You mention that add/modify flags to Cloud MySQL will cause restart. Can you enlighten me with those flags that will cause a restart?

Thanks.

nau...@google.com

Dec 8, 2017, 5:46:44 PM12/8/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Raj

Let me check on this information and will get back to you.

R R

Dec 11, 2017, 9:12:01 AM12/11/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Any updates nau?

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Dec 11, 2017, 5:12:09 PM12/11/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Raj,

According to this document, the instance might be restarted when you add/remove/modify a flag. You may check the flags that require a restart by calling the list method of the API (just click execute without any modifications on this API page), and check the desired flag if  “requiresRestart=True". For further information please check this document.

On the other hand, per "the tips with flags" page, “Exhausting the available instance memory can occur when you set tmp_table_size and max_heap_table_size too high for the number of concurrent queries the instance processes. Exhausting the memory will result in an instance crash and restart.” I hope this helps.

R R

Dec 12, 2017, 6:02:01 AM12/12/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks!!

Pia Chamberlain

Dec 13, 2017, 4:39:14 PM12/13/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
The Cloud SQL docs have been updated to include this information: