cloud SQL 2nd generation instance activation policy

in...@penyaesports.com

Apr 8, 2016, 12:34:36 PM4/8/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
As in google support and help says, 2nd generation cloud SQL instance is charged per minute. So I would like to have the instance working only when needed... I thought the instance has the function to witch on and off automatically detecting incoming connections, but it seems the only way to switch the instance on or off is manually from console or programming something trough SDK.

I want to know if this is true, so in case being true, I think it is a meaningless policy, and at he end of the day it costs MORE MORE MORE than the package plan 1rst generation cloud SQL, and I will move to other platform now that free trial is over.

Thanks!

Faizan

Apr 13, 2016, 2:15:05 PM4/13/16
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Google CloudSQL second generation instances doesn't offer on-demand billing as of yet. There is already a feature request already open with the product engineering team. You can subscribe to it for updates by clicking the star on the top left corner.

Second generation CloudSQL instances is charged for every minute that the instance is running and offer a sustained usage discount which is applied to all the instance types. This sustained usage discount can help you save depending on your monthly usage. For pricing information you can visit this link.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Faizan
Message has been deleted