gtid_mode = off?

Jay Christopherson

Jan 8, 2017, 9:56:58 PM1/8/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Is there any way to set gtid_mode off for a 2nd generation instance?  I tried a dynamic change, but got the "Super" error:

mysql> SET @@GLOBAL.GTID_MODE = OFF;
ERROR 1227 (42000): Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

I don't need it for the software I'm running, causing Mysqli errors to be logged and the software maintainer recommendation is to turn it off... which would be easy enough on a self-hosted instance, but not so straightforward in Cloud SQL apparently.

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 9, 2017, 4:36:19 PM1/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
'gtid_mode' is used when binary logging is enabled to prevent data loss during replica creation and failover. It is recommended you migrate your queries to work with GTID as this is now a default setting on all Cloud SQL instances.

Note that super privileges are disabled for Cloud SQL instances. If you require super level access, you can host a custom SQL instance on Compute Engine.