Cloud SQL Server: Access from different project in the same Organization (Private IP)

Serg Rudakov

Jan 30, 2020, 10:51:55 AM1/30/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,
Can you help me understand how to connect App Engine services, Cloud Functions and GKE instances hosted in "Project A" to Cloud SQL Server instance located in "Project B"? SQL Server uses Private IP address and both projects belong to the same Organization.
I have .netcore, nodejs and python clients that use SQL server instance.

Cloud SQL Server seems to work fine with Private IP inside the project.

Thanks,
Sergei

Jad El Houssami

Jan 31, 2020, 10:08:26 AM1/31/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Serg,

Using a Shared VPC would help you achieve that. It works with App Engine Flex, Cloud SQL, as well as Kubernetes Engine, and it connects resources from multiple projects to a common Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network, and allows them to communicate with each other securely using internal IPs from that network as long as their within the same organization.

To help you get started, you can visit this page for information on how to set up and use a Shared VPC. Hopefully this will help point you in the right direction; please don’t hesitate to reply back with any follow-up questions.