Error 2003 (HY000): can't connect to MySQL server on ' <IPv4 address>' (10060)

Kelly Ingram

Apr 14, 2016, 5:55:41 AM4/14/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I have a Google Cloud SQL Instance that I have been using for some time now and connecting successfully from MySQL Workbench. However as of yesterday I can't connect using MySQL Workbench (or the command line on my laptop) and get the error:

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '207.xxx.xxx.xx' (10060)

I have done the following already:

  • Authorised my laptop's IP address (found using whatismyip.com) in the Google Console.
  • Assigned an IPv4 address to the database in the Google Console.
  • Created new users and passwords to see if it was a user issue. But that didn't help.
  • Restarted the instance, restarted my home network/laptop and got new IP addresses (and updated the authorised IP address accordingly).
  • Upgraded to the latest MySQL workbench 6.3 CE but still have the issue.

The database works as my app can connect to it and accesses the data, I just can't get a remote connection from my laptop.

Someone else is having a similar problem with their Django project (https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-django-skeleton/issues/16)

I am new to this and am out of ideas on how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Newgas

Apr 14, 2016, 1:12:11 PM4/14/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

We are having some networking issues for a small number of instances. We have a small FYI on http://status.cloud.google.com/ which I'm hoping to update with more information shortly. We're working on resolving the issue now. For now try connecting from a GCE instance (including cloud shell) or using a GCE instance to proxy connections from your laptop.

Yours,
David

This communication together with any attachments transmitted with it ("this email") is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately by email at ad...@cloudle.com.au  Please then immediately delete, erase or otherwise destroy this email and any copies of it.  Addressees should check this email for viruses. Cloudle Pty Ltd makes no representations as regards to the absence of viruses in this email.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily constitute the views of Cloudle Pty Ltd. Nothing in this email shall bind the Company in any contract or obligation.

David Newgas

Apr 14, 2016, 1:51:19 PM4/14/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I have updated the dashboard with some more information (although it may take a while for you to see it due to caching)

David Newgas

Apr 14, 2016, 3:20:56 PM4/14/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
To be clear, this issue will only be affecting first generation instances.

Syed Kutub Uddin Ahmed

Oct 10, 2016, 11:14:22 AM10/10/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi

I don't know if there is a solution for this error already, but I couldn't find one. I'm having the same issue. I was able to connect to the cloud SQL for the first time from MYSQL client(windows machine).
But after that I'm no longer able to connect to the cloud, nor from my windows neither from mac or ubuntu.

1. I have got same error number but I got three separate socket number after 127.0.0.1, here they are
    (a) ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)  - in windows
    (b) ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (61)
    (c) ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (110)

I appreciate any help in this regard. FYI, I was using second generation instance, accessing MYSQL from google console has no issue.
Thanks
SYED

Kelly Ingram

Oct 13, 2016, 12:05:46 AM10/13/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Syed,

When I was receiving the error it was an issue with the Google instance and I had to wait for it to be resolved.
I'm not having any problems in regards to this now.

However isn't 127.0.0.1 your localhost rather than Google Cloud?
I setup an IPv4 IP address on my Google Cloud SQL instance and amend the connection in MYSQL Client to connect to the IPv4 address rather than localhost.