SQL Improvements

Bill N

Jul 23, 2016, 10:23:23 PM7/23/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Google needs to make SQL more user friendly. I would like to see drag and drop elements (fields) and code is auto generated for you. If I have a name field, set initial parameters,  drag and drop to a SQL work-space and the code is generated and ready.

David Newgas

Jul 24, 2016, 2:15:18 PM7/24/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

Cloud SQL provides a hosted MySQL instance - unfortunately none of those features are present in MySQL so it isn't included as part of Cloud SQL.

You might be interested in the many graphical MySQL clients, such as MySQL Workbench or Navicat, which allow managing a database with a drag and drop interface. Any standard MySQL client can connect to Cloud SQL following these instructions.

If you are interested in automatic code generation you should look at a ORM framework for your language of choice, such as Hibernate for Java or SQLAlchemy for Python.

David

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Bill N <billi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Google needs to make SQL more user friendly. I would like to see drag and drop elements (fields) and code is auto generated for you. If I have a name field, set initial parameters,  drag and drop to a SQL work-space and the code is generated and ready.

Rob

Jul 25, 2016, 1:52:48 PM7/25/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
You may want to check out www.parasql.com
They provide an easy to use layer on top of Google Cloud SQL that is drag-n-drop easy and allows you to build many types of business applications with virtually zero code (your typical business apps that would be used by employees or partners). They have a free trial and good support so you can easily see if it works for you.