User permission issues., is there a similar user like sa in CloudSQL (to run DBCC filestats/shrink transaction log files) !

kenny

Feb 17, 2020, 3:32:56 AM2/17/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

its understood that CloudSQL is a managed service and for secuirty reasons some permissions are forbidden, but what are the alternate options and solutions in-case super privileges are forbidden ?

  • User does not have permissions to monitor logs and or, shrink the  transaction log files etc
  • We see, user permissions issues while running DBCC filestats
  • how do we manage , what are the options we have and are there any other users in CloudSQL similar to sa ?

Michael T (Google Cloud Support)

Feb 17, 2020, 8:48:52 PM2/17/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Kenny,

No, there's no similar user on Cloud SQL similar with service account roles [1], but you can use the finer-grained Identity Access and Management (IAM) roles to manage your Cloud SQL permissions [2].
As Cloud SQL doesn't support SUPER privileges, as an alternative, you can use GRANT ALL ON `%`.*.  [3]

kenny

Feb 18, 2020, 5:05:51 AM2/18/20
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply, but i am looking for Sql server Cloud SQL (MSSQL) not mysql.

David (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 19, 2020, 11:15:30 AM2/19/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Kenny,

The information Michael provided above about super privileges was meant for Cloud SQL in general and applies to Cloud SQL for SQL server and PostgreSQL as well. This is the correct link for Cloud SQL for SQL server about finer-grained Identity Access and Management (IAM).