Sudden and ongoing spike in Aborted connections from GAE

jus...@workstep.com

Jun 23, 2018, 1:49:49 PM6/23/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/110698213

At 2018-06-19 at 12:00:00 PDT, the MySQL client in our GAE app started getting dropped connections with the message:

2062, 'Cloud SQL socket open failed with error: Input/output error'

Simultaneously, our Cloud SQL instance reports:

Aborted connection 1560744 to db: 'XXX' user: 'XXX' host: 'cloudsqlproxy~xx.xx.xx.xx' (Got an error reading communication packets)"

Ever since it began, a connection fails at least once a minute. Prior to this, we would hardly see a connection issue once a month.

There has been no corresponding spike in connections or queries (we usually hover around 8 connections). Our GAE instances have not had a deployment in this time, so nothing has changed with the client or its behavior.

Any ideas on how to diagnose further?

Рамиль Галимов

Jun 26, 2018, 8:57:28 AM6/26/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
We are experiencing exact same issue

Karthick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 26, 2018, 4:21:46 PM6/26/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello, Justin,

As suggested in the Public Issue Tracker, I would suggest you to keep track of support ticket which you have opened where our tech team is working on the root cause and fix. To avoid duplication of the effort, future updates will be posted there.

Karthick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 26, 2018, 4:24:59 PM6/26/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Рамиль,

The issue you are reporting will require investigation on your project. As such, I would suggest you open an issue report in our public issue tracker with project number, instance id and all other required information so someone from Google can have a look at the issue.