Could not complete the operation message when trying to create a new mySQL First Gen database

Mirko Pelgrom

Nov 16, 2017, 9:07:03 AM11/16/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm trying to create a new mySQL database on the Web interface and I keep getting the message "Could not complete the operation"
  • instance ID: promeva-apf-sql
  • Region: europe-west
  • Tier: D1 512 MB RAM
  • Database version MySQL 5.6
  • Billing plan D1: Per use
  • Preferred location: Follow App Engine app
  • Automate backups 05:00 - 09:00
  • Activation policy: Always
  • Fire system replication: Asynchronous
  • IPv4 addrss: Yes
  • No Networks defined (yet)
  • Only App Engine app as Authorised app
Is there any prerequisite to doing this? I have a working system so I'm following the setup documentation I've made. But since the error is so generic, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

Any thoughts?

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 16, 2017, 12:05:03 PM11/16/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
You are following the right procedure, I obtained the same error while trying to deploy in europe-west. I was able to create the instance in us-central.

As you mention the error is very generic but in this case is related to a stock out on that particular region. Our teams are currently working on the system so that it can return a meaningful message.  At the moment I can only suggest to try in a different region.