Migrating from AWS RDS Postgres to Cloud SQL Postgres

Shrinivasa rao

May 7, 2021, 12:58:11 PM5/7/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

We are planning to migrate a postgres instance in AWS RDS to GCP Cloud SQL.

For now, we are not planning to use GCP database migration service.

Just wanted to know if we just take dump from AWS RDS and restore it in GCP, will it work? Do we need to create users before importing the database in GCP.

David (Cloud Platform Support)

May 10, 2021, 1:20:14 PM5/10/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello,

You would need to follow  these instructions when exporting the data to make sure the dump will be importable into Cloud SQL. You would also need to follow the importing guidelines as well to make sure you encounter no issues at the moment of importing the dump.