Google SQL SSL

Felix TheCat

Dec 3, 2020, 1:13:39 PM12/3/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

when i have a Website at siteground which is hosted on Google Cloud in the Netherlands and i want to connect it to google sql. Do i need to encrypt the connection? Because the connection should only be within the google datacenter without going outside. I look forward to your response.

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 3, 2020, 1:43:36 PM12/3/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

To offer the feedback you want, can you please provide more detail of how your site is set up? How is siteground connected to Google? How do you want to connect your site to Cloud SQL?

Felix TheCat

Dec 7, 2020, 5:45:17 AM12/7/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Siteground is hosting on Google EC2 i think. (Europe DC) I want to connect db via wp-config in wordpress

gimaletdinov

Dec 10, 2020, 6:20:05 AM12/10/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
If I understand the documentation correctly you don't need additional encryption.