PostgreSQL Extension request - PLv8

Areski Belaid

Mar 10, 2017, 11:54:05 AM3/10/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

PLv8  would be a very useful one to have and many peoples would like it too according to the hacker news comments [https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13831277]

Michael J. Ryan

Mar 10, 2017, 12:58:55 PM3/10/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 for plv8 .. it's probably the biggest thing that separates pgsql from other sql options (combined with json datatypes).  I know there are other data options for nosql/json data, but being able to use a single data store that can touch both your important transactional data, and your document records is pretty sweet, and being able to use a query language that doesn't suck for the task is nicer still....  mostly SQL, some JS, nice all around.

Miguel Ramos

Mar 15, 2017, 10:50:05 AM3/15/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 for PLV8

Коста Петан

Apr 11, 2017, 12:54:51 PM4/11/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 for PLV8 as well

Francois-Guillaume Ribreau

Apr 12, 2017, 9:52:44 AM4/12/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 we use PLv8 in some stored functions (for simplicity otherwise we would have to write unnecessary complex SQL recursive code) we can't our db to Google Cloud for this reason.

Reuben Honigwachs

Apr 20, 2017, 9:06:59 AM4/20/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 If this is how it works :-)

Reuben Honigwachs

Apr 22, 2017, 4:47:54 PM4/22/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 If this is how it works :-)

So there is conflicting information in the Google Cloud docs whether requests regarding extensions go into this Google Group or have to be risen in the issue tracker. See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-cloud-sql-discuss/lHam63RCXD4

Danny Davidson

Jan 26, 2021, 11:48:23 AM1/26/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
+1 for PLv8, it's a trusted postgres language and is keeping my team from adopting cloud sql.