GPE cannot configure local MySQL?

David Plass

May 7, 2013, 9:57:26 PM5/7/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Eclipse 3.8, GPE version 3.2.2.  I'm trying to configure a local MySQL instance, but the MySQL configuration dialog box doesn't "accept" my input. I entered the host (localhost), port (default 3306), username (root) password (blank), the database name, and specified the .jar file.

Clicking "OK" does nothing; but it does seem to save my input. If I click Cancel and then "Configure" again, it has in fact retained my settings, but there's an error message at the top of the dialog ("Configure MySQL instance for local development server.")

Any way to get past this?

Paul Malone

Aug 6, 2013, 2:25:20 PM8/6/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
I have the exact problem.  did you ever fix?