Is there any way to detect whether the MySQL server is Google Cloud SQL or not?

Sandhya Sriraj

Jun 25, 2018, 6:35:28 AM6/25/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I am writing an application to monitor MySQL servers. I want to know whether it is a normal server or hosted MySQL server. It is possible to check whether it is hosted in Amazon(RDS/Aurora) by checking the basedir variable. Is there any way to check whether the server is hosted in Google Cloud SQL or not, using a MySQL variable or a Query?

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Jun 25, 2018, 8:21:08 PM6/25/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Sandhya,

Variables that could be unique to Google Cloud SQL are [version], and [version_comment]. Hence, you may try a similar query to this one. I hope this helps.

MySQL [(none)]> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%version%';