Access Denied from VB forums but able to connect from CLI

Sergio Rodriguez

Jan 30, 2018, 11:14:48 AM1/30/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hey everyone, I have an issue and I need some guidance.
I created a new Google Cloud MySQL instance and assigned trusted networks and users. I also created a new VM instance and gave it "Allow full access to all Cloud APIs"

When I log in the VM's terminal, I am able to run #mysql -h "Google Cloud Mysql IP" -u root -p without problems.However,
when I configure a web application such as vbulletin with the same username and password. The MySQL instance gives an access denied error.
2018-01-30T15:33:13.950478Z 804 [Note] Access denied for user 'root'@'xx.xx.xx.xx' (using password: YES)

What could be causing this issues?

Thanks for the help,
Sergio

Sergio Rodriguez

Jan 30, 2018, 1:54:00 PM1/30/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Well, after long hours of troubleshooting. I came to realize that it was SELinux creating the problem.
Here is how I was able to fix the issue.

# setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1
# setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db 1