Tablespace **** exists

Raphaël Bischof

Nov 19, 2019, 3:17:37 PM11/19/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Google Cloud SQL team,

When running a Google Cloud Mysql instance, second generation with MySQL 5.7, we are stuck with one ghost tablespace that cannot be deleted.
The error that we have if we want to create the table that has been dropped not cleanly is "Tablespace `users`' exists."
This tablespace cannot be dropped and is not visible when using :
SELECT LOGFILE_GROUP_NAME, FILE_NAME, EXTRA
     FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.FILES;

It seems that the file './users.ibd' has not be cleaned and cannot be cleaned.

Maybe we are missing something, can you please have a look at that or tell us what we can do?

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 19, 2019, 4:43:59 PM11/19/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Raphael,

Please note that Google Groups are reserved for general Google Cloud Platform and product discussions and not for reporting issues, which is why I suggest moving the troubleshooting to Issue Tracker, where issues can be turned private in case we need to gather any project specific details.