unable to connect cloud sql in tableau

Rajesh Sandadi

Jul 31, 2018, 3:01:26 AM7/31/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Team,

I'm trying to connect Cloud SQL server in tableau using predefined cloud sql connector however below error showing.

An error occurred while communicating with Google Cloud SQL.

Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

Unable to connect to the ODBC Data Source. Check that the necessary drivers are installed and that the connection properties are valid.

[MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver]Unknown MySQL server host ' Cloud SQL Instance Name' (2)

Unable to connect to the server "Cloud SQL Instance Name". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

Kindly help me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 31, 2018, 5:50:36 PM7/31/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Since Tableau is not a Google Cloud Platform product I have little to no insight into its inner functionality and workings. I would recommend that you follow their guide for connecting to a datasource, and consult with their Help Forum for further technical troubleshooting help.

- Note that Google Groups is reserved for general product discussions and not for technical support. For Cloud SQL support it is recommended to post your detailed questions to Stack Exchange using the supported Cloud tags.