MySQL 5.8

Euan Mapham

Dec 11, 2019, 12:50:40 PM12/11/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I am just wondering if there are any plans for cloud-sql to implement MySQL 5.8? I do see that RDS supports MySQL 5.8 and was wondering anyone knows whether it is on the roadmap for cloud-sql?

Thanks,
Euan

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 12, 2019, 3:07:14 PM12/12/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Euan,

There is a general tendency to adopt more recent MySQL versions in time. When exactly each new version is going to get released is not yet determined, but the releases get published in due course. This applies to MySQL 5.8 as well. You may find relevant information in the "Database version policies" page

jackson logan

Apr 28, 2020, 10:37:15 AM4/28/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
i am doing research for my FYP for my university, i am doing my research paper work on this, if you want to help me, get in touch with me.

On Wednesday, 11 December 2019 22:50:40 UTC+5, Euan Mapham wrote:
Hi,

I am just wondering if there are any plans for best watches under 10000 for cloud-sql to implement MySQL 5.8? expert watch man I do see that RDS supports MySQL 5.8 and was wondering anyone knows whether it is on the roadmap for cloud-sql?

Thanks,
Euan

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 28, 2020, 12:58:02 PM4/28/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Jackson,

This discussion group is oriented more towards general opinions, trends, and issues of general nature touching App Engine. For information benefiting your research paper on Cloud SQL related subjects, you may be better served in dedicated forums such as stackoverflow, where experienced programmers are within reach and ready to help.