Big Query Linear Regression param issue

Najaf Murtaza

Dec 7, 2021, 1:40:43 PM12/7/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

What is the actual meaning of these two points in Big Query. I get that in 2nd, maybe, by total cardinality it actually means no. of features. What about point 1?

  1. If total cardinalities of training features are more than 10,000, batch_gradient_descentstrategy is used.
  2. If there is over-fitting issue, that is, the number of training examples is less than 10x, where x is total cardinality, batch_gradient_descent strategy is used.

hor...@google.com

Dec 7, 2021, 5:53:11 PM12/7/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello

I believe you are inquiring about further explanation of the optimize strategy [1] and specifically the auto strategy and batch gradient descent arguments. I can see that you have posted the same query on stackoverflow [2], however your current post was submitted to the Google Cloud SQL discussion group. In order to receive the best response from the community, can you kindly re-post your inquiry to the appropriate group. I suggest posting to the Google Cloud Developers [3]  or additionally to the discuss BigQuery community [4].

[1] https://cloud.google.com/bigquery-ml/docs/reference/standard-sql/bigqueryml-syntax-create-glm

[2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70263074/big-query-linear-regression-param

[3] https://groups.google.com/g/google-cloud-dev

[4] https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/getting-support