PostgreSQL $SHAREDIR access

Craig Kumick

Oct 13, 2017, 1:58:49 PM10/13/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Many features of Postgres such as synonyms require access to the $SHAREDIR to upload files. I cannot find in the Cloud SQL documentation how to upload my custom files to Cloud SQL instances. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Oct 13, 2017, 11:32:37 PM10/13/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Uploading a file into a managed instance (Cloud Sql Instance) may not be possible at the moment. However, there is already a feature request for it [1]. On the other hand, if your use case requires a postgreSQL extension, you may check this document [2] for creating Cloud SQL supported extensions. I hope this helps.