User with cloudsqlsuperuser denied access to database

Mark S

Mar 26, 2021, 6:49:07 PM3/26/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Cloudsql Mysql 8.0
My user has the cloudsuperuserrole, and running a 'use database' command results in access denied. The database I'm attempting to use is not a system database (is not sys, information_schema, or mysql).

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the cloudsqlsuperuser role is intended to work, but I expected the user should have full permissions on any non-system database with this role?

wokmou

Mar 30, 2021, 1:10:32 PM3/30/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
In MySQL 8.0 for Cloud SQL, when you create a new user, the user is automatically granted the cloudsqlsuperuser role. This role gives the user all of the MySQL static privileges, except for SUPER and FILE and the following dynamic privileges:

- APPLICATION_PASSWORD_ADMIN
- CONNECTION_ADMIN
- ROLE_ADMIN
- SET_USER_ID
- XA_RECOVER_ADMIN

This link [1] provide you all the details permissions and privileges offers by cloudsqlsuperuser role.