gce and cloudSQL (mysql 5.7) cannot connect. I can't type password.

渋谷航平

Jun 22, 2020, 11:15:04 AM6/22/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Environment
OS ubuntu
Browser Chrome Latest
Tried editor cloud 9 and cloud shell

I read the connection Doc and tried many times, but I can't enter the last password for the connection settings.
As I cannot input the last password, it is not a connection failure of the keyboard.

input command
ubuntu @ instance -1: ~ $mysql --host = ’ my sql ip ’ --user = root --password
Enter password: (Location that cannot be entered)

I can't type, so I get an error when I press the Enter key.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'gce ip' (using password: YES)

I tried it on cloud Shell or cloud9 with an SSH connection, but I can't input.
Please help me.

Manpreet Sidhu (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 23, 2020, 11:23:44 PM6/23/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi!

Great question. What you are facing is a Linux/ Unix/ Shell (call it what you want) security feature. This is a common question and its purpose is to add the extra layer of security by not displaying the number of characters in a password.

In order to resolve this issue, you should type in your password even though the cursor doesn’t move and then hit ENTER. If the password is correct, you will be allowed to log in.

Here is a post from the Unix Stackexchange and one from an Ask Ubuntu. Both of these are great resources.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

渋谷航平

Jun 24, 2020, 10:15:06 AM6/24/20