audit log

Jonathan N

Feb 23, 2017, 2:38:28 AM2/23/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Are there plans to allow us to enable the audit plugin in CloudSQL. At the moment we enable general log and output to Stackdriver Logging which is less than desirable.

paynen

Feb 23, 2017, 6:46:53 PM2/23/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hey Johnathan,

I'm not in a position to speak to any future plans one way or the other on getting MySQL Enterprise Audit (I assume this is what you're referring to) running on Cloud SQL, but at the very least, you can open a Feature Request in the Cloud SQL Public Issue Tracker so that you can receive updates. In the meantime, a workaround is to run MySQL instances off of Compute Engine VM's and get full access to modify the machines that way.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support