PostgresSQL: Enabling WAL Archiving

Lawrence Ouyang

May 21, 2018, 6:22:19 PM5/21/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm trying to set up a CloudSQL PostgreSQL instance, and I want to enable WAL archiving, but I can't find anything in the documentation that tells you how to do that:

On the console:

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
LO

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

May 22, 2018, 11:13:03 AM5/22/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Lawrence,

Please find the detailed tutorial to enable write-ahead logging (WAL) archiving and replication for PostgreSQL. Let me know if this addresses your query?

Regards,

Lawrence Ouyang

May 22, 2018, 11:51:05 AM5/22/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for responding. I have looked at that tutorial, but I am not using GCE, I am using the managed Google Cloud SQL platform.

Lawrence

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

May 23, 2018, 2:54:40 PM5/23/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Lawrence,

Yes, In-fact previously shared documentation is valid for PostgreSQL on GCE instance and not for Google Managed Cloud SQL platform.

Write-ahead log (WAL) archiving flag is disabled by default for managed Cloud SQL and this is not exposed for user configuration. Enabling it is also out of scope and I can't provide any sort of ETA for this being available, either.

I hope this answers your query.