Postgres share replication?

Nguyễn Văn Cao Nguyên

Jun 4, 2020, 8:07:12 AM6/4/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
We're having 2 instances running.
Can we setup 1 single replicate instance that replicate both of that instances.

David (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 4, 2020, 10:54:12 AM6/4/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello,

You would need a replica for each instance. However, you can create multiple replicas for the same instance. For more information, please see replication options.

Tu Nguyen Huu

Jun 4, 2020, 1:13:24 PM6/4/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
No you can't. If you want to do that you have to use logical replication but currently GCP doesn't support this feature.

Nguyễn Văn Cao Nguyên

Jun 6, 2020, 6:54:46 PM6/6/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi, any plan for supporting external replicas for Postgres?
We need to consider moving away from Cloud SQL if this feature not arrived in a foreseeable future.

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 8, 2020, 2:46:20 PM6/8/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

This feature request is already forwarded to the Cloud SQL product team. You may star the ticket to vote for this feature and you would receive updates on it. However, there is no guarantee of implementation or any ETA at this time.