Mysql 5.7 support release date

noman...@gmail.com

Feb 29, 2016, 9:10:57 AM2/29/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi ,
Because Mysql 5.7 got huge improvements from geo search gis perspective , we strongly need to use the Mysql  5.7 version ..
Do you plan to upgrade to 5.7 current of month /s , year ?!

regards,
jess

Chris Lewis

Feb 29, 2016, 12:32:46 PM2/29/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
We plan to continually support MySQL version upgrades, but it takes time to deploy a new version. I can't give you a timeline, but please know we are working on it!

Thank you for being a Cloud SQL customer,
Chris

noman...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2016, 4:15:46 AM3/1/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
 In waiting the only solution for us is to use amazon rds but we cannot connect app engin to them easely ..
We really hope to see this upgrade for google cloud sql very soon , we will retry in few months , thanks anyway ,

regrads
jess