memcache implementation

Binaya patel

Oct 12, 2019, 2:04:12 PM10/12/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I am not able to import these below google api

from google.appengine.api import memcache

This is throwing below error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'google.appengine'

My python version is 3.5

google-api-core (1.5.2)
google-auth (1.6.1)
google-cloud (0.34.0)
google-cloud-core (0.28.1)
google-cloud-storage (1.13.0)
google-compute-engine (2.8.3)
google-pasta (0.1.7)
google-resumable-media (0.3.1)
googleapis-common-protos (1.5.5)

Please help me, to implement the app-engine , memcache.

Thanks in advance.

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 15, 2019, 12:31:38 PM10/15/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Binaya,

Do you use Standard Environment? You seem to want to use Memcache with Python 3.5. It is worthwhile noting that the actual App Engine version of Python is 3.7. In any case, Python 3 in Standard Environment does not offer facilities such as Memcache. To build an application cache, create a Cloud Memorystore instance and connect it to your app using Serverless VPC Access, as detailed on the Understanding differences between the Python 2 and Python 3 environments page