Cloud SQL Instance In Stuck/Error/Maintenance State!

Basit Mustafa

Jul 29, 2019, 9:40:52 AM7/29/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
On a Postgres instance I set max_connections to 262142 (one below the max) and now the instance is stuck in an error loop! I can't stop it, reset it, or edit it!!! This is crazy! It appears the UI/system is generating invalid config files and I can't edit the instance b/c an update is in process, now the update has timed out with "unknown error" and only the DELETE button works and gcloud says an operation is in progress.

HELP! How do we unset this flag to get the instance back to life?

 I 2019-07-29T01:21:07.055077Z [1]: [2-1] db=,user= FATAL: configuration file "/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf" contains errors
I 2019-07-29T01:21:10.824534Z [1]: [1-1] db=,user= LOG:  invalid value for parameter "max_connections": 262142
  undefined

Harmit Rishi (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 29, 2019, 1:57:41 PM7/29/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

Thank you for using Google Groups!

Based on what you described about your issue, I believe Google Cloud Platform Support would have to further investigate this instance for you. You may create a private issue on our Issue Tracker here. Creating an private issue will ensure that your Cloud SQL instance details would not be shared publicly. You may use this link here for creating a private issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.