Postgre - HA timeline

Curtis Sammer

Apr 5, 2017, 5:09:52 PM4/5/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
First of all, thanks for adding Postgre support to Cloud SQL.

Now I'm wondering what is the timeline to add HA features for Postgres?

Thanks,

Curt

Brett Hesterberg

Apr 6, 2017, 7:03:34 PM4/6/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Curt-

Glad you are enjoying Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL.  We plan to introduce failover functionality (HA) for the Postgres product, but cannot provide a delivery timeline.

Thanks,
Brett

Cesar Salazar

Jun 29, 2017, 3:28:06 PM6/29/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi. Is there any update on a timeline for Highly Available PostgreSQL? This feature alone can determine if I use AWS or Google Cloud for my product.

Brett Hesterberg

Jun 30, 2017, 7:43:21 PM6/30/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Cesar-

Our development of Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL continues and we added 19 new extensions this month (https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/release-notes).  However, while we plan to introduce failover functionality (HA) for the Postgres product, we cannot provide a delivery timeline.

Thanks,
Brett

Вихрен Ганев

Sep 25, 2017, 9:30:59 AM9/25/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello, guys, Brett!

Any update here or at least an approximate timeline?
Is it closer to a day, month, or year?

Thanks,
Vihren

Daniel Winter

Sep 28, 2017, 9:12:15 AM9/28/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hey Brett
I am also really interested about a rough timeline.
Any chance to get more insights into the current timeline?

Best
Daniel

Brett Hesterberg

Sep 28, 2017, 10:51:47 AM9/28/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Vihren and Daniel-

Thanks for your continued interest in Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL.  I'm not able to provide a target date for failover functionality (HA), but I will update this thread and post to the Cloud SQL announce group when HA is available.

Thanks,
Brett

Cesar Salazar

Nov 1, 2017, 10:04:01 PM11/1/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
About 2 months ago they posted that they are working on on automatic failover for high availability: https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/08/Cloud-SQL-for-PostgreSQL-updated-with-new-extensions.html

Isn't there a timeline yet? It would be great to know at least if it will be during this or during next year.

Brett Hesterberg

Nov 6, 2017, 1:46:34 PM11/6/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Everyone,

The Cloud SQL PostgreSQL team is pleased to announce that we have added support for high availability (HA) and read replicas, helping you ensure your database workloads are fault tolerant.  Additional enhancements include database instance cloning and higher performance instances with up to 64 vCPU cores and 416GB of RAM. Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL is also now part of the Google Cloud Business Associates Agreement (BAA) for HIPAA covered customers.

Read the official announcement on our blog and check out the online documentation to learn more.

Regards,
The Cloud SQL Team